Corporate and law firm leaders call on Gina for high-stakes public relations, crisis planning, and incident response support including high profile litigation media relations. One of the most widely acknowledged experts on legal marketing and law firm public relations, Gina is a sought-after speaker and media expert. A Fellow with the College of Law Practice Management and the American Bar Foundation Fellow, Gina is listed among the Lawdragon Global 100 Leading Consultants and Strategists to the Legal Profession. She published the 2nd Edition of her book Everyday Public Relations for Lawyers, in 2019.
She founded and continues to lead Furia Rubel Communications, the award-winning PR and marketing agency that has become a leading legal marketing and professional service communications boutique. The full-service marketing and public relations shop has been listed among the leading agencies by the National Law Journal, The Legal Intelligencer, New Jersey Law Journal, and Philadelphia Business Journal. Under Gina’s direction, Furia Rubel provides strategic planning, marketing, public relations, media training, and content marketing services to a variety of specialized industries.
Gina’s legal background complements her unparalleled intuition as a client advocate and business diplomat, allowing her to partner with professional clients to achieve their objectives. She and the Furia Rubel team are always focused on the clients’ unique selling proposition, brand, key messages, and target audiences. As a result, Furia Rubel has developed and executed award-winning programs with outstanding ROIs. From industry-recognized marketing campaigns to media coverage, Gina and her team deliver exceptional results. Gina didn’t discover legal communications and marketing — she just repositioned it for a new century.
While actively practicing law, Gina served on a Supreme Court of Pennsylvania Disciplinary Board Hearing Committee for six years where she conducted legal ethics reviews of other attorneys. Since then, she has become a nationally sought-after speaker and regularly presents to legal, financial, and government professionals, corporations and universities regarding ethics, legal marketing, social media, strategic public relations, crisis communications, and media training.
Often asked why, as a lawyer, she pursued a career in communications, Gina says, “The answer is simple. In marketing and public relations, we communicate a message to a target audience to achieve a desired response or outcome. This is like the practice of law except I can be more proactive and creative.”
A graduate of Drexel University and Widener University, Delaware Law School, Gina lives in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, with her husband, two children, rabbits, chickens, and dogs.
The primary host of On Record PR, a podcast sponsored by Furia Rubel, Gina goes on the record with industry leaders such as C-suite executives, journalists, top legal marketing professionals, lawyers, DE&I advocates, and experts to discuss best practices for public relations and marketing strategies that drive business success. She welcomes suggestions for podcast guests and topics, just reach out to email@example.com.
Gina Rubel is actively involved in community organizations. She is a volunteer and child sponsor with Pearl S. Buck International, with which she has traveled to the Philippines on a cultural mission tour, and she supports the mission of CB Cares Educational Foundation. In addition, she serves as the Philadelphia Bar Association Law Firm Risk Management Committee co-chair, treasurer/secretary of The Justinian Foundation which provides scholarships to law school students in the Philadelphia region. Gina is a member of the Legal Marketing Association for which she serves on its Ethics and Advertising Advocacy Working Group and on a regional nominating committee. She also is a member of the American, Bucks, Pennsylvania and Philadelphia Bar Associations, Justinian Society (past chancellor), Philadelphia Public Relations Association, Public Relations Society of America, and Women Owned Law for which she is a founding member and serves on the advisory board. She is the past chair of the Communications Committee for the Drexel University Alumni Association for which she also served as an elected member of the Board of Governors.
INDIVIDUAL AWARDS | RECOGNITION | CERTIFICATIONS
- 2020 Fellow, College of Law Practice Management
- 2020, Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- 2020, 2019 and 2018 Lawdragon Global 100 Leading Consultants and Strategists to the Legal Profession
- 2016 White Belt Legal Lean Sigma and Project Management Certificate
- 2015 SmartCEO Brava Award — 40 of Philadelphia’s Leading Women in Business
- 2015 Doylestown Rotary Four-Way Test Award
- 2015 Recognition, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Senate of Pennsylvania, Hon. Charles J. McIlhinney, Jr.
- 2013 Maxine Elkin Award for Distinguished Service from the Public Relation Society of America (PRSA) Philadelphia Chapter
- 2011 Super Women List in Suburban Life magazine, December issue
- 2010 The Justinian Society of Philadelphia, Lisa A. Richette Outstanding Woman in Law Award
- 2010 The Legal Intelligencer Women Lawyer of Distinction Award
- 2010 Central Bucks Chamber of Commerce Patricia Clatch Outstanding Woman in Business Award
- 2010 Citation, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, House of Representatives, Hon. Marguerite C. Quinn
- 2010 Recognition, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Senate of Pennsylvania, Hon. Charles J. McIlhinney, Jr.
- 2010 Super Women List in Suburban Life magazine, December issue
- 2009 eWomenNetwork Foundation International Femtor Award Finalist, Business Matchmaker of the Year
- 2009 Special Achievement Award in Legal Communications and Media, National Italian-American Political Action Committee
- 2009 Recognition, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Senate of Pennsylvania, Hon. Christine M. Tartaglione
- 2008 Women of Distinction, Philadelphia Business Journal
- 2008 Best 50 Women in Business, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Community and Economic Development, Governor Ed Rendell
- 2007 Deanne White Award for Community Service from the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Philadelphia Chapter
- 2004 Twilight Wish Foundation, Outstanding Contributor Award
As a highly sought-after speaker and moderator with more than 20 years of experience delivering engaging and impactful programs to hundreds of clients, Gina Rubel has made appearances at corporations, law firms, bar associations, industry associations, chambers of commerce, and other venues. She has presented to international, national, and regional audiences for many organizations.
- American Bar Association, Bucks County Bar Association, Montgomery County Bar Association, Pennsylvania Bar Association and Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Philadelphia Bar Association
- American Lawyer Media, The Legal Intelligencer, and National Law Journal
- Association of Accounting Marketing
- Association of Legal Administrators
- Bucks County Convention and Visitors’ Bureau
- Central Bucks Chamber of Commerce
- Delaware Valley Law Firm Marketing Group
- Greater Philadelphia Film Office
- International Lawyers Network (ILN)
- Law Firm Chief Marketing Officers’ Forum
- Legal Marketing Association
- National Association of Bar Executives (NABE)
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
- New Jersey School Boards Association Annual Conference
- PA Association of Municipal Administrators
- PA State Association of Boroughs
- Pennsylvania Association of Defense Counsel
- Pennsylvania Business Brokers Association
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Philadelphia Business Journal
- Philadelphia Public Relations Association (PPRA)
- Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)
- Thomson Reuters
- Universities: Delaware Valley, Drexel, St. John’s, Temple, and Villanova universities
- Women’s Way
Gina delivers customized and informative professional development, continuing education, and keynote presentations that engage every audience member and move everyone to action.
Sample topics include:
- Business development: acquisition and retention
- Committing to client service
- Communicating among the generations
- Content marketing
- Crisis communications
- Integrated marketing and public relations
- Law firm and practice area differentiation
- Law practice management
- Marketing, social media, and ethics
- Public relations
- Putting The Four Agreements to practice
- Social media strategy and ethics
To book Gina for your next program, call 215-340-0480 or send an email.
What others say about Gina’s programs:
Gina made an impact with her presentation and the ball is rolling. The point today is to get hands-on in social media. My staff greatly benefitted from her presentation.
~ Kris Fischer, Editor in Chief, New York Law Journal
After having endured training sessions on social media that ranged from the barely relevant to the surreal, Gina’s session was a breath of fresh air. It was egoless, designed specifically for us, and both very informative and as dumbed down as it needed to be. It even almost gave me the nerve to defriend some people on Facebook.
~ Peter Key, Staff Writer, Philadelphia Business Journal
Gina’s LMA presentations were fantastic. She is the only speaker that we could walk away from and feel that we could actually walk back to our offices and implement change. Thank you for the real-life examples instead of theory.
~ Jennifer Simpson Carr, Business Development & Marketing Manager, Am Law 200 Law Firm (Arizona)
I enjoyed the presentation Gina gave on Integrated Marketing for Law Firms. It was one of the best ones LMA Midwest has ever had. Thank you.
~ Richard A. Marsolais, Business Development Operations Strategist, Am Law 200 Law Firm (Detroit)
Gina Rubel keynoted Drexel University’s keynote at the annual Women in Society dinner. We received a lot of positive feedback from the attendees. All of the points in her speech were very important to everyone in the room, undergraduate, graduate, and faculty. . . anyone living life.
~ Dave Saladoff and Pauline Tran, Co-Chairs, Campus Activities Board, Drexel University
Gina Rubel is an excellent speaker. Great speaker, great topic. Best session yet. Please bring her back. This was better than expected. Very beneficial. Very interesting topic and speaker. I learned a lot of valuable tips and techniques on marketing, public relations and social media.
~ Feedback from Association of Legal Administrators National Conference attendee
10.0Gina Furia Rubel