Experts in Law Firm Marketing
Ranked among the best law firm marketing and public relations legal communication companies in the U.S., Furia Rubel serves the legal marketing, strategic planning and crisis communications needs of Am Law 200 and mid-size law firms, VC-funded and privately owned legaltech companies, legal service providers and bar associations internationally.
Headed by third-generation attorney Gina Rubel, our law firm marketing professionals understand the industry, corporate culture, needs and target audiences of our clients and their clients. Furia Rubel provides custom solutions to law firm marketing clients by implementing integrated and proactive communications strategies through public relations, marketing, content marketing, advertising and interactive tactics.
Law Firm Marketing Services
“Law firm marketing” simply is an umbrella phrase for the myriad types of services law firms and legal service providers need in order to attract and retain great talent and clients. At Furia Rubel, we work with in-house legal marketers and other industry professionals to augment their in-house teams and to expand their talent.
Our industry communications professionals are members of the Legal Marketing Association and LSSO, and our founder is a fellow in the College of Law Practice Management and American Bar Foundation. In addition, two of our law firm marketing specialists have been listed among the Lawdragon Global 100 Leading Consultants and Strategists to the Legal Profession.
At Furia Rubel, we provide:
- Advertising & Graphic Design
- Awards, Directory & Ranking Submissions
- Branding and Rebranding
- Business Development & Professional Development
- Communication Advisory Services
- Content Marketing
- Crisis Communications
- Digital Marketing
- Litigation Communications and Trial Publicity
- Media Training
- Public Relations
- Reputation Management
- Reviews and Rankings Support
- Social Media
- Strategic Planning
Within these services, the agency has developed integrated and measurable marketing campaigns to launch new law firms, communicate mergers and acquisitions, shorten firm names, add new partner names, build brand awareness, generate class action participants, and more. We advocate on behalf of our legal industry clients to influence the opinions of key thought leaders, including the media, government officials, civic leaders, competitors and peers. We target law firm marketing to decision-makers to build referral relationships, garner qualified association memberships, and attract attendees to continuing legal education (CLE) programs and seminars. We develop and execute strategies that help clients minimize the damage from negative media coverage and draft statements that help defend a law firm’s hard-earned reputation. We establish media policies, social media policies and crisis communications plans to proactively safeguard the law firm and its members. We ensure that each campaign meets a firm’s business goals and key performance indicators and reinforces our clients’ mission, brand and key messages.
The best litigation communications and trial publicity strategies are built around early intervention. When the goal is to keep a story out of the public eye, involving your PR agency in partnership with general counsel at the first hint of trouble can make all the difference. Early engagement is crucial when it is essential to influence stakeholders, control first impressions, manage reputations, and win the hearts and minds of the public. Preserving and protecting your brand, or that of your client, is of paramount importance. If an action or event has blindsided you, an immediate and proactive response is vital to neutralize the story. Reframing the message in a favorable way is easiest when sentiments have not yet hardened.
Our firm has handled litigation communications, trial publicity, media relations strategy, implementation and support in many practice areas and industries. Here are just a few:
- Board of director and executive committee disputes
- Celebrity litigation
- Cybersecurity and data breaches
- Executives acting badly: sexual misconduct, embezzlement, disbarment, discrimination
- Intellectual property litigation
- Labor union negotiations, walkouts and protests
- Mass torts and complex litigation including asbestos, lead paint, breast implants and other toxic substance matters
- Product liability matters and recalls: Automotive, building, children’s toys, furniture, utility
- Real estate development, zoning, and real property disputes including FAA-regulated airport expansion litigation
- Sex abuse cases
- Superfund sites
- Unsafe roadways
- Whistleblower matters
- Wrongful termination allegations
Furia Rubel provides a variety of training options for its clients. Every program is customized to meet the needs of the law firm, its attorneys and its professional staff, keeping in mind the firm’s overall objectives and culture.
Should the firm wish to apply for continuing legal education credit, Furia Rubel will develop training and materials that meet the states’ guidelines.
Examples of programs we have provided to Am Law 200 and mid-market law firms include:
- Associate development and the path to partnership
- Awards, directories and ranking submissions
- Business development, managing new business leads and RFPs
- Content marketing to grow your business
- Crisis planning and management
- Emotional intelligence and communicating among the generations of client and law firm decision makers
- Firm and personal branding – why they matter
- Law firm differentiation and message development
- Media policy development and implementation
- Media training
- Partner retreats
- Social media engagement
- Succession planning
When attorneys want to influence the court of public opinion, they turn to Furia Rubel for law firm PR and media training. As trained legal communicators, lawyers know how to influence opposing counsel, judges, jurors, and clients. Effective media training helps attorneys master the art of influencing the public through media relations, as well.
And equally important, we understand the professional obligations to communicate ethically. We know how to interpret state rules of professional responsibility and can ethically and effectively communicate law firm messages to acquire and retain clients.
Furia Rubel provides media training sessions for all attorneys and spokespersons including executive directors and members of the executive committee. The goal of a media training session is for each participant to develop his/her full potential as a firm or client advocate when participating in interviews for all forms of media.
Furia Rubel’s media training session help lawyers and spokespersons to:
- Understand a reporter’s agenda and today’s media landscape
- Develop skills in managing media interactions and influencing journalists
- Understand the regional nuances of interacting with journalists
- Apply principles of message design
- Understand how to incorporate the firm’s or client’s key messages and themes
- Develop confidence in interacting with all forms of media
- Maintain a positive and ongoing relationship with journalists
- Prepare for the unexpected
Furia Rubel designs each law firm media training session to meet the specific needs of the individuals within your organization. We organize and conduct the media training session to maximize individual participation, with an emphasis on learning through doing, in a neutral and relaxed virtual atmosphere. The facilitators offer some lectures and demonstrations and provide an opportunity for participants to rehearse the techniques.
Law Firm Public Relations
At Furia Rubel, our public relations programs are built on effective storytelling. We work proactively with our law firm clients to identify your key audiences, develop engaging messages, and implement public relations tactics that drive business success.
Furia Rubel positions your firm and individuals as leaders in your fields by identifying your unique story and crafting story pitches that help share your expertise and story with the world.
Our public relations experts have decades of experience working in the news business and with journalists and publishers, garnering press coverage in regional, national and global media, including print, digital, radio and television. We know how the media works because we have either worked in media ourselves or alongside members of the media for many years.
What Goes Into Public Relations?
- Articles, blogs and white papers
- Content marketing
- Continuing education
- Community relations
- Corporate communications
- Internal communications
- Media relations and media training
- Special events, town hall meetings, press conferences
Results are important to us. Our PR strategies help you increase your law firm and attorneys’ name recognition and brand visibility, as well as position you as a leader in your industry and/or marketplace. Our clients’ stories and thought leadership have been included in every major national and legal industry publication in the United States and many abroad. We work closely with all ALM publications, Law360, Bloomberg Law, Reuters, ABA publications, The National Law Review, Attorney at Work, and industry bloggers, podcasts and columnists. Our clients have been quoted by the Associated Press and in The New York Times and Wall Street Journal, in addition to myriad industry trade publications. Our clients also have appeared on television from Good Morning America to local newscasts and talk shows.
Furia Rubel is savvy, connected and aware of current happenings that matter in our clients’ industries. We understand business development, relationship development, and thought leadership. We know what it takes to deliver results to decision makers, top executives, and top talent.
Identifying and telling your story is central to developing your brand, retaining existing and generating new business, and attracting and retaining top talent.
Awards, Directory & Ranking Submissions
Whether or not you believe in awards, directories and ranking programs, your clients may use them to validate or differentiate your law firm and attorneys.
Awards can be useful public relations and business development tools. In addition to the traditional legal industry directories and awards, Furia Rubel supports clients in preparing compelling submissions for strategic recognitions like Chambers and Partners and The Legal 500 for which your law firms or attorneys may qualify.
Furia Rubel’s team of legal marketing strategists provides counsel that comes from more than 20 years of experience working with law firms of all sizes domestically and internationally. Our team has managed hundreds of submissions with a track record of success.
Regional Awards & Recognitions
- 40 Under 40
- Best of the Bar
- Law Firm Pro Bono
- Leaders in Law
- LGBT-Owned Business
- Minority-Owned Business
- Women-Owned Business
- Women Who Mean Business
- Best Places to Work
Law Firm Directories
- Best Law Firms
- Best Lawyers
- Chambers and Partners
- National Law Journal
- Super Lawyers
- The Legal 500
National & International Awards
- College of Law Practice Management
- IAM Patent 1000
- Innovation Awards
- IP Stars
- M&A Advisors Turnaround Awards
- World Trademark Review
In today’s research-driven marketplace, studies show that prospective clients complete 70% to 90% of the decision-making process online before engaging by email or phone. Accordingly, a law firm’s digital presence — especially the attorney bios — must quickly establish authority and accessibility as a source of legal counsel.
When Furia Rubel is retained by a law firm to support its overall legal marketing efforts, the law firm marketing agency’s content marketing for law firm services include law firm website content writing. Our writing prowess comes from decades spent evaluating website engagement data, search engine optimization (SEO) and user experience – the information that current and prospective clients, potential talent, media members, and opposing counsel are looking for and want to see on your website.
Furia Rubel has served law firms and clients of all sizes from coast to coast and internationally. Our law firm website content writing team understands how to reach and engage busy lawyers and how to support law firm marketing and business development departments. More importantly, we niche in the legal industry and understand how law firm clients and prospects make purchasing decisions.
Law firm website content is critical to the user experience. The most important areas on a law firm’s website are the attorney biographies, practice area descriptions and industry group descriptions.
Forward-thinking law firms and other legal services providers organize their services into horizontal, industry-based affinity models. The industry expertise of law firms also must be transparent on the firm’s website. Other firms create individually tailored teams to identify and address their key clients’ comprehensive business and legal needs. A law firm marketing strategy should illustrate how the firm focuses on a client proactively and holistically to create a central understanding of the full scope of a client’s legal needs.
Our law firm marketing experts have published many articles on the topic and frequently are quoted by industry media. Here are some law firm website content resources:
- 3 Keys to Crafting an Effective Professional Website Bio
- 10 Tips for a More Effective, Personable Attorney Bio
- Content Marketing and Social Media: A Simple Guide for Professionals
Law Firm Online Reviews Management
At Furia Rubel, our law firm marketing team helps clients to manage their online reviews which means understanding the six steps in creating a law firm online review plan. There are things we help law firms and lawyers to do to have an effective online review program:
- Own your digital real estate.
- Monitor reviews.
- Know the professional rules of conduct.
- Follow a review response policy.
- Respond when appropriate.
- Ask for reviews.
Law Firm Marketing Accolades and Awards
For more than a decade, Furia Rubel’s law firm marketing team has received many industry recognitions and awards.
- The Legal Intelligencer Best of Law Firm Marketing and Public Relations
- The Legal Intelligencer Hall of Fame
- The Legal Times Best Crisis Management Firm, Public Relations Firm, Social Media Consultant, Law Firm Website Design
- The Legal Times Hall of Fame for Crisis Management
- New Jersey Law Journal Best of Law Firm Marketing and Public Relations
- National Law Journal Best of Legal Marketing, Branding and Crisis Communications
- National Law Journal Best of the Midwest for Law Firm Marketing and Public Relations
- National Law Journal’s Hall of Fame of Legal Marketers
- com Best of New England Law Firm Public Relations Agency
Related Law Firm Marketing Thought Leadership
Our agency prides itself on providing readers and listeners with thought leadership that helps to inform and shape law firm marketing. If you are interested in learning more about our philosophies, experience, and knowledge, check out any or all of the following:
- Building an All-Star Team of Outside Counsel Law Firms
- Goodbye ‘Marketing and Business Development.’ Hello ‘Strategic Growth’
- Harnessing the Power of a Collaborative Legal Ecosystem
- How Law Firms Can Leverage Data for Competitive Advantage and Implement Strategies for Sustainable Growth
- How to Create a Sense of Belonging Through Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Efforts
- How to Strategically Manage Your Law Firm’s Marketing Budget Amid Uncertainty
- The Importance of a Law Firm Brand: Building the Brand Promise Internally and Externally
- Voice of the Client: What In-House Counsel Need from Outside Counsel As Pandemic Landscapes Shifts
- What ALM Reporters and Editors Expect From Law Firms and PR Pros
In addition, check out On Record PR, a podcast sponsored by Furia Rubel which addresses legal marketing and law practice management issues, media relations, and law firm leadership opportunities. If you are interested in media training, take time to listen to interviews with today’s journalists.
Contact Furia Rubel for Your Legal Marketing and Law Firm Public Relations Needs
Legal marketing matters. If you are looking to up your game and generate more business with marketing and public relations that drive business success, now is the time to contact Furia Rubel.