‘Why Big Law Firms Aren’t Rushing to Oppose Texas Abortion Law’ [Gina Rubel Quoted in The American Lawyer]
Founder and CEO of Furia Rubel Communications, Gina F. Rubel, Esq., is quoted in a The American Lawyer article entitled ‘Why Big Law Firms Aren’t Rushing to Oppose Texas Abortion Law’ by Brenda Sapino Jeffreys.
This article addresses the fact that “law firm leaders have signed letters in recent months denouncing antisemitic attacks and opposing voter suppression legislation, … have spoken out about racial justice and the #MeToo movement, and many have acknowledged the role they must take in improving legal industry diversity and inclusion.’
“But Texas’ new restrictive abortion law, which went into effect Sept. 1 and essentially bans abortions after six weeks with no exception for rape or incest, has not generated the same kind of immediate public statement from law firms.”
Law firm marketing expert, Gina Rubel said, “Law firms are just as divided as the American people and sadly, very few will speak up for women’s reproductive rights. Many lawyers are passionate about the issue, and that may spur conversations at firm diversity, equity and inclusion committees on parental leave and health care policies, and perhaps proactive wellness programs.”
For the full article, click on the link, ‘Why Big Law Firms Aren’t Rushing to Oppose Texas Abortion Law.’ A subscription is required.
Related Reputation Management Content:
- Lessons in Law Firm Reputation Management: How Firm Leaders Should Prepare for Public Scrutiny When Representing Political Clients
- Reputation Crisis and What a Law Firm Can Do About It, Part I [Mid-Market Report]
- Reputation Crisis Management and What a Law Firm Can Do About It, Part II [Mid-Market Report]
- Not If But When: Planning for the Crisis That Will Strike Your Law Firm
- Reputation Management and Positioning Yourself for Success