Gina F. Rubel, Esq. -
President / CEO
A communications expert, attorney, and author, Gina F. Rubel founded Furia Rubel Communications, Inc. in 2002. The award-winning agency, originally focused only on public relations, is now a full-service marketing and public relations shop having executed a successful merger in 2010. Furia Rubel has been listed among the top firms by the Philadelphia Business Journal and has been named one of the Top 300 WBE’s in the U.S. by Women’s Enterprise Magazine. Under Gina’s direction, Furia Rubel provides expert strategic planning, marketing, public relations and web development services to law firms, accounting firms and other professional service providers, municipalities and government organizations, educational institutions and business-to-business companies.
Always focused on the clients’ unique selling proposition, brand, key messages and target audiences, Furia Rubel has developed and executed award-winning programs with outstanding ROIs. From industry-recognized websites to media coverage, it’s all about the results. In fact, clients have been featured everywhere from MSNBC, The Today Show and NPR, to The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal. A client advocate and business diplomat, Gina knows how to apply strategic planning to achieve clients’ objectives and generate solid returns.
Gina has been honored by The Justinian Society with the Lisa A. Richette Woman in Law Award, by the Central Bucks Chamber of Commerce with the Patricia Clatch Outstanding Woman in Business Award and by the National Italian-American Political Action Committee with a Special Achievement Award in Legal Communications and Media. She has been named one of Pennsylvania’s Best 50 Women in Business by Governor Ed Rendell and a Woman of Distinction by the Philadelphia Business Journal and The Legal Intelligencer. Gina received the Deanne White Award for Community Service from the Public Relations Society of America Philadelphia Chapter and her company has received several Pepperpot Awards for their work in media and community relations.
While actively practicing law, Gina served on a Supreme Court of Pennsylvania Disciplinary Board Hearing Committee for six years where she conducted legal ethics reviews of other attorneys. Since then, she has become a nationally sought-after speaker and reveals the secrets to law firm communications success in her book, Everyday Public Relations for Lawyers. She regularly presents to legal professionals, corporations and universities regarding social media, strategic public relations planning, and media training.
Gina is a member of the Legal Marketing Association, American, Pennsylvania and Philadelphia Bar Associations (Board of Governors and Bar-News Media Chair), Justinian Society (Past Chancellor), The Lawyers Club, Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce, Philadelphia Public Relations Association, Women’s Business Forum (Past President), Bucks County Women’s Fund (Board Member) and Public Relations Society of America. She serves as a PR expert for the Philadelphia Bar Association Law Practice Management Program. Gina is the past chair of the Communications Committee for the Drexel University Alumni Association for which she also served as an elected member of the Board of Governors. She remains a member of the University Magazine Editorial Board. A graduate of Drexel University and Widener University School of Law, Gina resides in Doylestown, Pa., with her husband and their two children on a 250 year-old farm.
Awards & Recognitions
2011 Suburban Life Magazine SuperWoman
2010 Judge Lisa A. Richette Outstanding Woman in the Law Award from the Justinian Society of Philadelphia
2010 The Legal Intelligencer Women Lawyers of Distinction Award
2010 Central Bucks Chamber of Commerce Patricia Clatch Outstanding Woman in Business Award
2009 eWomenNetwork Foundation International Femtor Award Finalist for Business Matchmaker of the Year.
2009 Special Achievement Award in Legal Communications and Media, National Italian American Political Action Committee (NIA-PAC)
- 2008 Woman of Distinction, Philadelphia Business Journal
- 2008 Best 50 Women in Business, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Community and Economic Development
- 2007 Deanne White Award for Community Service from the Public Relation Society of America (PRSA) Philadelphia Chapter
- 2006 and 2005 Annual Communications Excellence Award, New Jersey Boards Associations, for Union City Board of Education
- 2004 Twilight Wish Foundation, Outstanding Contributor Award
Professional Development, Continuing Legal Education, Keynote and Seminar Topics
Gina Rubel has presented keynote and CLE presentations across the country and is available to assist client with their needs. Each program is customized to reach all or just some audiences including management, clients and/or administrative staff. Some programs have qualified for continuing legal education (CLE) credits. Some of the topics include:
- Integrated Approach to Law Firm Marketing and Public Relations in the 21st Century
- Legal Marketing and Ethics of Engaging Online
- Social Media and Litigation: Wrangling the Wild West
- Crisis Communications and Nonprofits
- The Benefits and Challenges of Social Media Marketing
- Everyday Public Relations for Lawyers
- Building Credibility: Putting Your Thoughts on Paper
- Understanding the Media Landscape
- Social Media at its Best: Using Linkedin, MySpace and Facebook to Get Results
- Putting the Four Agreements to Practice in the Workplace
- Myths and Realities of Client Acquisition and Retention
- Becoming a Thought Leader; Separating Yourself from the Pack
- Hot and Potentially Lethal Topics in Law Firm Ethics
- How to Comply When You Communicate - PA Rules of Professional Conduct
- Never Say "No Comment"
- Public Relations with a Punch: Generate Awareness & Demand for Your Legal Services
- Rainmaker Reality Check: How Do You Benefit From Bringing In Business
- The Best and Worst of Digital Communications: How to Use Social Networking to Get Results
- Association of Accounting Marketing
- Bucks County Bar Association
- Bucks County Convention and Visitors' Bureau
- Central Bucks County Chamber of Commerce
- Drexel University & Drexel University School of Law
- Legal Marketing Associaton National Conference / Metro-Philadelphia, Midwest & Southeast Chapters
- National Association of Bar Executives (NABE)
- National Association of Women Business Owners
- National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) Leaders Training
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute (PBI)
- Pennsylvania Institute of CPAs
- Philadelphia Bar Association Bench Bar Conference
- Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) International Conference
- St. John's University
- Temple University
- Villanova University School of Law
- Women's Way
To book Gina for your next program, call 340-0480 or send an e-mail.
To read the PR Lawyer Blog, click here.
Furia Rubel Communications on Facebook.
Connect with Gina
News & Events