It was an extreme pleasure working with you. The attention to detail and professional manner in which everything was handled was noticed up through Ray Gilmartin. Kudos galore.
~Ann M. Smith, Public Affairs Director
Furia Rubel Team
Furia Rubel Team
Gina F. Rubel, Esq. - President / CEO
A communications expert, attorney, and author, Gina F. Rubel founded Furia Rubel Communications, Inc. in 2002. The award-winning agency is a full-service marketing and public relations shop. Furia Rubel has been listed among the top firms by the Philadelphia Business Journal for more than 10 years. Under Gina’s direction, Furia Rubel provides expert strategic planning, marketing, public relations and web development services to law firms, accounting firms and other professional service providers, municipalities and government organizations, educational institutions and business-to-business companies.
Always focused on the clients’ unique selling proposition, brand, key messages and target audiences, Furia Rubel has developed and executed award-winning programs with outstanding ROIs. From industry-recognized websites to media coverage, it’s all about the results. In fact, clients have been featured everywhere from MSNBC, The Today Show and NPR, to The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal. A client advocate and business diplomat, Gina knows how to apply strategic planning to achieve clients’ objectives and generate solid returns.
Gina has been honored by The Justinian Society with the Lisa A. Richette Woman in Law Award, by the Central Bucks Chamber of Commerce with the Patricia Clatch Outstanding Woman in Business Award and by the National Italian-American Political Action Committee with a Special Achievement Award in Legal Communications and Media. She has been named one of Pennsylvania’s Best 50 Women in Business by Governor Ed Rendell and a Woman of Distinction by the Philadelphia Business Journal and The Legal Intelligencer. Gina received the Deanne White Award for Community Service from the Public Relations Society of America Philadelphia Chapter. Her company has received many awards for their work in media relations, legal marketing, website development and community relations.
While actively practicing law, Gina served on a Supreme Court of Pennsylvania Disciplinary Board Hearing Committee for six years where she conducted legal ethics reviews of other attorneys. Since then, she has become a nationally sought-after speaker and reveals the secrets to law firm communications success in her book, Everyday Public Relations for Lawyers. She regularly presents to legal professionals, corporations and universities regarding ethics, legal marketing, social media, strategic public relations, crisis communications and media training.
Gina is a member of the Legal Marketing Association, American, Pennsylvania and Philadelphia Bar Associations (Board of Governors, Bar-News Media Chair, Law Practice Management Committee Co-Chair), Justinian Society (Past Chancellor), Philadelphia Public Relations Association, and Public Relations Society of America. Gina is the past chair of the Communications Committee for the Drexel University Alumni Association for which she also served as an elected member of the Board of Governors. She remains a member of the University Magazine Editorial Board. A graduate of Drexel University and Widener University School of Law, Gina resides in Doylestown, Pa., with her husband and their two children.
Awards & Recognitions
2013 Maxine Elkin Award for Distinguished Service from the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Philadelphia Chapter
2013 National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) Photography Contents -- 2nd Place Winner
2011 Suburban Life Magazine SuperWoman
2010 Judge Lisa A. Richette Outstanding Woman in the Law Award from the Justinian Society of Philadelphia
2010 The Legal Intelligencer Women Lawyers of Distinction Award
2010 Central Bucks Chamber of Commerce Patricia Clatch Outstanding Woman in Business Award
2009 eWomenNetwork Foundation International Femtor Award Finalist for Business Matchmaker of the Year.
2009 Special Achievement Award in Legal Communications and Media, National Italian American Political Action Committee (NIA-PAC)
- 2008 Woman of Distinction, Philadelphia Business Journal
- 2008 Best 50 Women in Business, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Community and Economic Development
- 2007 Deanne White Award for Community Service from the Public Relation Society of America (PRSA) Philadelphia Chapter
- 2006 and 2005 Annual Communications Excellence Award, New Jersey Boards Associations, for Union City Board of Education
- 2004 Twilight Wish Foundation, Outstanding Contributor Award
Professional Development, Continuing Legal Education, Keynote and Seminar Topics
Gina Rubel has presented keynote and CLE presentations across the country and is available to assist client with their needs. Each program is customized to reach all or just some audiences including management, clients and/or administrative staff. Some programs have qualified for continuing legal education (CLE) credits. Some of the topics include:
- Integrated Approach to Law Firm Marketing and Public Relations in the 21st Century
- Legal Marketing and Ethics of Engaging Online
- Social Media and Litigation: Wrangling the Wild West
- Crisis Communications and Nonprofits
- The Benefits and Challenges of Social Media Marketing
- Everyday Public Relations for Lawyers
- Building Credibility: Putting Your Thoughts on Paper
- Understanding the Media Landscape
- Social Media at its Best: Using Linkedin, MySpace and Facebook to Get Results
- Putting the Four Agreements to Practice in the Workplace
- Myths and Realities of Client Acquisition and Retention
- Becoming a Thought Leader; Separating Yourself from the Pack
- Hot and Potentially Lethal Topics in Law Firm Ethics
- How to Comply When You Communicate - PA Rules of Professional Conduct
- Never Say "No Comment"
- Public Relations with a Punch: Generate Awareness & Demand for Your Legal Services
- Rainmaker Reality Check: How Do You Benefit From Bringing In Business
- The Best and Worst of Digital Communications: How to Use Social Networking to Get Results
- Association of Accounting Marketing
- Bucks County Bar Association
- Bucks County Convention and Visitors' Bureau
- Central Bucks County Chamber of Commerce
- Drexel University & Drexel University School of Law
- LawLine / FurtherEd
- Legal Marketing Associaton National Conference / Metro-Philadelphia, Midwest & Southeast Chapters
- Lehigh University
- National Association of Bar Executives (NABE)
- National Association of Women Business Owners
- National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) Leaders Training
- Order Sons of Italy in America
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute (PBI)
- Pennsylvania Institute of CPAs
- Philadelphia Bar Association Bench Bar Conference
- Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) International Conference
- St. John's University
- Temple University
- Villanova University School of Law
- Women's Way
To book Gina for your next program, call 340-0480 or send an e-mail.
Connect with Gina
News & Events
- Gina F. Rubel to co-present at the American Bar Association Workers' Compensation Conference / Chicago
- 25th Anniversary of Pennsylvanians for Modern Courts
- Gina F. Rubel will present “Crisis Planning for Nonprofits: From Minor Events to Disasters"
- Gina Rubel Presents at the 2013 PBI Bankruptcy Institute: “Social Media and Ethical Dilemmas”
- Gina F. Rubel will present Your Personal Brand After the Death of the Elevator Speech
- Gina F. Rubel to Moderate Media Panel for Discussion on, "Maximizing Talk Shows & Roundtables"
- See Gina F. Rubel present at LMA's Annual Conference in Las Vegas in April
- Gina F. Rubel to Moderate "Philadelphia Bar Association Bar-News Media and Law Practice Management Committees" Program on Feb. 28
- Gina Rubel and Laura Powers Featured on Cover of Central Bucks Chamber of Commerce's W4 Magazine
- Gina F. Rubel and Laura Powers will present Integrated Approaches to Law Firm Marketing and Public Relations in the 21st Century at the LMA Conference in Boston
- Gina F. Rubel presents at the PBBA/PICPA Joint Conference
- "Expand Your Business through Social Media Engagement" Presented by Gina Rubel
- Southwest Chapter of the Legal Marketing Association in Phoenix Welcomes Gina Rubel
- Gina Rubel Quoted in FoxNews.com Article about Celebrity Chef Lawsuits
- Gina Rubel and Laura Powers Present Social Media, Marketing and Websites for Lawyers on Lawline.com
- "Crisis Communications for Nonprofits" Presented by Gina Rubel at PBI Nonprofit Institute
- Gina Rubel Participates in 5th Annual Celebrity Chef & Waiter Gala
- Gina Rubel Moderates "Meet the Diverse Media" Panel
- Women's Business Forum of Bucks County's IDEAS Conference & Expo
- Gina Rubel Co-Presents "How to Become an Educated Voter in Today's Mass Media Environment"
- Business Succession Planning with Southern Lehigh Chamber of Commerce and Upper Bucks Chamber of Commerce
- Legal Marketing Pro Gina Rubel Moderates Chamber of Commerce Succession Planning Forum
- "Working with the Media: How to Get Your Firm’s Name in the Media" Presented by Gina F. Rubel
- Gina Rubel Presents "Ethics of Social Media" Presentation to the Delaware Valley Law Firm Marketing Group
- Bench-Bar Annual Conference "Social Media and Litigation: Wrangling the Wild West"
- Leveling the Playing Field with Blogs for Solo to Mid-Size Firms" Presented by Gina F. Rubel
- Webinar for Avvo.com Presented by Gina Rubel on August 4, 2011
- Bucks County Women's Journal Features Gina Rubel
- Acceptance & Adoption of Digital Communications - It's Not About You - Burlington County Bar Association's The Straight Word
- Feeding the Media - Without Being Eaten Alive - The Legal Intelligencer
- Going Green: How Law Firms Can Help the Environment - The Legal Intelligencer
- How Social Media Infiltrates the Practice of Law - The New Jersey Law Journal
- Law Firm Press Releases: Do's and Don't's - Lawyers USA
- Law Firm Social Media Policies - National Law Journal Blog
- Opportunity in Crisis - Marketing the Law Firm
- Seven C's of Winning Website Content
- Sorting Out Social Media for Lawyers, Part I & II
- The Savvy Social Shoemaker's Children Still Have Cold Feet - Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association's Verdict