Resources For Personal Action Against Anti-Asian Racism, Violence and Rhetoric in the U.S.
We denounce all hateful acts of violence. The recent shooting deaths in Atlanta and the escalation of violence and hate against Asians and Asian Americans nationwide is a reminder that we have much work to do to dismantle racism and ensure that all people can live in safety and freedom.
At Furia Rubel, we re-commit to expanding our understanding of racism and learning to be true allies, and we stand with those who still live with the toxic impacts of bias and racism every day. With this in mind, we have compiled resources to help readers stand up against violence and rhetoric against Asians, Asian-Americans and Pacific Islanders.
In Philadelphia, we have a vibrant Asian community. A local writer put together this list for ways to support the community: https://www.thrillist.com/lifestyle/philadelphia/how-to-support-the-asian-american-community-in-philadelphia
Other resources include:
- ABC News: Stand Up with Asian American Communities
- Asian American Advancing Justice (Los Angeles)
- Asian Pacific Policy & Planning Council
- Chinese for Affirmative Action
- Diversity, Inclusion, Equity & Anti-Racism Resource Center
- Habitat for Humanity
- Rolling Stone Magazine: What You Can Do About Anti-Asian Violence: ‘We Are Part of This Country,’ Activists Say
- Time Magazine: Donating, Volunteering, Reporting Hate Incidents: Here’s How to Help Combat Anti-Asian Violence
- USA Today: How to Be an Ally
- United Nations: UN chief ‘profoundly concerned’ over rise in violence against Asians
- Variety Magazine: Stop AAPI Hate: Industry Heavyweights, Activists On Hollywood’s Responsibility
From protests to police interactions, witnessing racial injustice can impact your mental health. “How to Protect Your Mental Health While Fighting Racial Injustice” shares strategies on how to manage the effects of racial injustice, and shares advice for coping. This resource provides a list of organizations, guides, videos, and more for people fighting racial and social injustice. You can find the full resource here: https://onlinecounselingprograms.com/resources/racial-injustice-mental-health-resources/
Please feel free to share additional resources that can be added to this list. Reach out to @FuriaRubel on Twitter.