As Marketing Director of a 230 attorney law firm working with experienced consultants is critical. That's why I call on Furia Rubel when I need assistance on public relations and special projects. They are responsive, loyal and extremely knowledgeable. They do the things I don't have time to do. Working with Furia Rubel is always a pleasure.
~Robin Nolan, Marketing Director
White and Williams
Furia Rubel Team
Furia Rubel Team
Laura Powers - Chief Marketing Officer
Laura Powers is a marketing strategist with a history of developing award-winning campaigns that create continuity of brand, marketing and public relations programs. At Furia Rubel, Laura leads the strategy and management of clients’ marketing initiatives, including brand, web, mobile, advertising, email marketing and collateral development. She oversees the design and brand components that fit within integrated marketing campaigns in order to support client growth.
As the chief marketing officer, Laura ensures that all marketing activities are proactively managed and optimized to work together. These activities include the development of corporate identities, interactive and fully content managed websites, direct mail campaigns, constituency reporting tools such as annual reports, sales tools such as company catalogs and product/service brochures, and target audiences communications such as newsletters, blogs, niche websites and e-marketing tools. The results are proven to be exponentially better when client marketing tactics are integrated, designed and executed to complement one another.
Laura's career spans more than 20 years, with expertise in brand development, web design and development, integrated advertising campaigns, digital strategy and social media. She has held integral marketing roles at Verizon, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Comcast and Merrill Lynch. Prior to joining Furia Rubel, Laura ran her own agency, HG Marketing Group, LLC, an independent woman-owned marketing agency that served as a strategic affiliate to Furia Rubel until their merger in 2010. Among her many accomplishments are the prestigious Communicator Award of Excellence from the International Academy of Visual Arts, a Golden Web Award from the International Association of Web Masters and Designers, the Web Marketing Association’s Web Legal Standard of Excellence Award and the Summit Creative Award. Laura frequently blogs on marketing and social media at ThePRLawyer and is a contributor to the National Law Review blog.
An engaging and sought-after speaker, Laura has presented many programs to professional audiences including: Leveraging Your Firm's Website for High Quality Lead Generation, Law Firm Branding - Critical Issues to Consider, Integrated Approaches to Online Marketing and Strategic Brand Management and Taking the Emotion Out of Marketing Purchases: Measuring Marketing and Tracking Success to Guide Future Planning.
Laura is engaged in outreach with regional, national and international communities through many area nonprofits. Laura presently serves as the chair of the Legal Marketing Association Metropolitan Philadelphia Chapter's Email Marketing Committee. As past president of the Kalmia Club in Lambertville, N.J., and the Women's Business Forum of Bucks County, Laura now serves as a trustee for both organizations. She also serves on the Central Bucks Chamber of Commerce's Bucks Fever Film Fest committee. A graduate of Vermont College of Norwich University (currently Union Institute & University), Laura continues to pursue her interest in exploring how the visual arts relate to marketing and public relations communications in our daily lives. She enjoys attending films, visiting museums and spending time with her husband and son at their home in Doylestown, Pa.
Professional Marketing, Continuing Legal Education, and Seminar Topics
Laura Powers has presented programs and continuing legal education (CLE) presentations throughout the Delaware Valley and is available to assist client with their needs. Each program is customized to reach all or just some audiences including management, clients and/or administrative staff. Some programs have qualified for CLE credits. Some of the topics include:
• Using Social Media and Other Online Tools to Manage and Grow your Law Practice
• Ethically Leveraging Your Law Firm's Website for High Quality Lead Generation
• Law Firm Branding - Critical Issues to Consider
• Integrated Approaches to Online Marketing and Strategic Brand Management
• Taking the Emotion Out of Marketing Purchases: Measuring Marketing and Tracking Success to Guide Future Planning
• Social Media for Professionals & the Principles of Engaging Online
• Presenting Yourself Effectively via Networking and Social Media
• Networking and Social Media for Alumni
• Social Media: Promoting Prevention Messaging in the Community
• Effective Use of Social Networking Technologies in the Employee Benefits World
• The Use of Social Media for Drug & Alcohol Prevention Messaging in the Community
• Social Media for the Entrepreneur - an Integrated Approach to 21st Century Marketing and PR (with Gina Rubel)
• Social Media and Small Business
• LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for Professionals
• The Ethics of Social Media for Legal Professionals (with Gina Rubel)
• Creating an Effective Website
• Website Strategies that Work
• Improving Search Engine Results for Small Business
To book Laura for your next program, call (215) 340-0480 or send an e-mail.
Connect with Laura:
News & Events
- Philadelphia Bar Association Bench-Bar Annual Conference / Atlantic City
- Laura Powers to Discuss Using Social Media and Online Tools to Manage and Grow Law Practices
- Laura Powers to Discuss How Branding Can Help Your Business
- Laura Powers Speaks at Leadership Bucks County Program
- Laura Powers to Present Live Webinar on Leveraging Website Content for Maximum Engagement
- Laura Powers Presents to the Legal Marketing Association's Southwest Chapter
- Gina Rubel and Laura Powers Featured on Cover of Central Bucks Chamber of Commerce's W4 Magazine
- Gina F. Rubel and Laura Powers Will Present Integrated Approaches to Law Firm Marketing and Public Relations in the 21st Century at the LMA Conference in Boston
- VP of Marketing Laura Powers Speaks at Pennsylvania Bar Institute's Solo & Small Firm Conference
- Gina Rubel and Laura Powers Present Social Media, Marketing and Websites for Lawyers on Lawline.com
- Laura Powers Speaks at the National Association for Legal Secretaries of Pa. Conference
- Women's Business Forum of Bucks County's IDEAS Conference & Expo
- Laura Powers Speaks for The Council of Southeast Pennsylvania, Inc. and Bucks Promise for Youth & Communities about Social Media and Prevention Messaging in the Community
- Laura Powers Serves as Panelist at Bucks County Career & Opportunities Expo
- Bucks County Career & Opportunities Expo Welcomes Laura Powers to Panel