Basic Training Social Media Style PBI CLE
Legal marketing expert, Gina F. Rubel, will present Social Media for Lawyers at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute’s First Annual Basic Training for Lawyers on August 25, 2016, from 1:15 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. at the CLE Conference Center Wanamaker Bldg., 10th FL, Ste. 1010 Juniper Street Entrance Philadelphia PA 19107. The Basic Training for Lawyers PBI CLE is a full-day, 6-credit (5 substantive and 1 ethics) institute and will cover a variety of important topics for young lawyers. The programs begin at 9:00 a.m.
Rubel says, “Let’s face it. It’s 2016 and even your grandmother is on social media but does that mean you should be. The answer, as in just about everything that has to do with the legal industry is, it depends.” During her one-hour CLE program, attendees will be given the information they need to employ and ensure that their online communications strategies are effective, efficient and ethical. Learn what works and what doesn’t in social media and online engagement as it relates to building and growing your law practice and how social media can affect litigation. This portion of the full-day program will qualify for one ethics credit.
To register, go to http://catalog.pbi.org/store/seminar/seminar.php?seminar=55304
PBI First Annual Basic Training for Lawyers Overview
To succeed, you need a good foundation in SUBSTANTIVE law
- Personal Injury
- Family Law
- Estates, Wills and Trust
- Criminal Law
- Employment Law
To advocate for your clients, you need SKILLS not taught in law school
- The business of law (finding clients, dealing with IOLTA accounts, accounting)
- Dealing with difficult lawyers, including partners
- Communicating with clients (difficult clients, first meetings, staying in touch, choosing cases)
- Legal writing
To be effective and efficient, you need to know how to deal with the latest TECHNOLOGY
- Online evidence
- Cloud computing (choosing providers, e-mail, storage of client data)
- Social media – appropriate law firm usage and legal issues related to clients
- Filing electronic documents
- Research – Learn how to research without Lexis or WestLaw
All of these things will be addressed at the First Annual Basic Training for Lawyers Institute in Philadelphia.