The Philadelphia Bar Association Women in the Profession Committee is Proud to Support:
The Pennsylvania Bar Association's Commission on Women in the Profession 2009 Philadelphia Mid-Year Meeting
Location: PBI's CLE Conference Center, The Wanamaker Building, Ste. 1010, 100 Penn Square East, Philadelphia, PA
Date: Tuesday, March 31, 2009
2:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Registration
3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Program & Panel Discussion
5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Networking Reception
"Plugging the Leaky Pipeline: Stopping Attrition"
The pace and progress of women in the legal profession is often described in metaphoric terms as a pipeline. With more women entering the pipeline of the legal profession over the past twenty years, it would be assumed that more women would hold senior positions within their firms. Studies have shown this not to be the case. The pipeline has sprung more than a few leaks. The program starts with a snapshot of where we are today, and concludes with Personal Survival recommendations from senior women attorneys and organizations such as the American Bar Association (ABA) and National Association of Women Lawyers (NAWL) for the purpose of finding solutions that foster long and equitable careers for women lawyers.
- Phyllis H. Epstein, Partner, Epstein, Shapiro & Epstein, P.C.
- Jennifer L. Hoagland, Shareholder, Bazelon Less & Feldman, P.C.
- Kathleen Wilkinson, Partner, Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Lorraine K. Koc, Vice-President and General Counsel, Deb Shops, Inc.
- Roberta Liebenberg, Member, Fine, Kaplan & Black, R.P.C. and Chair, ABA Commission on Women in the Profession
- Jane L. Dalton, Partner, Duane Morris, LLP
- Wanda E. Flowers, In-House Counsel, Sunoco, Inc.
- Sadye J. Ladov, Principal, Offit Kurman and Chancellor, Philadelphia Bar Association.
- Hon. Anne Lazarus, Judge, Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas Orphans' Court Division
- Lynn A. Marks, Executive Director, Pennsylvanians for Modern Courts
- Gina F. Rubel, President/CEO, Furia Rubel Communications, Inc.
- Hon. Norma L. Shapiro, Judge, Eastern District Court of Pennsylvania.
- Audrey C. Talley, Partner, Investment Management Practice Group,Drinker Biddle
- Diane Thompson, Practitioner
The program is being sponsored by the Pennsylvania Bar Association's Commission on Women in the Profession at no cost to the attendees. However, as an option, a chance to earn 2.0 CLE credits for the program as follows: 1 hour of Substantive CLE Credit and 1 hour of Ethics CLE credit. If you chose the option to earn the CLE credits the cost will be $50.00.
Reservations are required. RSVP by March 25, 2009. To register for this event, please complete registration form found here. Registration is on a first come first served basis.